Monday, September 16, 2013

Backpack Envy

It's been more of a trip getting out of the country than I expected.

Right now I'm staying in a guesthouse provided by my old school. I have until the 22nd here, when they're kicking me out and putting in another foreigner, thus perpetuating the great circle of employee turnover.

I have two big bags to mail back to Minnesota and one fat paycheck to transfer to my US account. Unfortunately, this week is a Korean holiday, and while my old workplace is still operating, all the banks and post offices in Korea will be closed so, if I don't get this stuff done by tomorrow, Tuesday, I'm stuck in Seoul for at least another five days, until I can send back my bags and go to the bank.

I should be able to do this all tomorrow. It's not like I have work. But, I don't know what I want to bring back home! Look at this bag. I just bought it yesterday for 40,000 won (~$35.00) after reading about ultralight backpacking:

27 liter bag on the right
Look at that stuff. I'm planning on being gone for 2+ months. It makes me anxious just looking at this photo. I think I'm going to get a bigger bag, one that opens up all the way like this:


Just look at that baby. You could open that zipper and pick out pants and underwear at the same time. That's what I want. Digging around for your stuff is so amateur.

Also, I'm going to get a 32-liter bag. Just imagine how much space you'll get with that extra 5 liters of space. I've heard I could go even bigger with carry-on bags, but I don't want to push it. After all, freedom comes out of detachment, and I could do with some of both. 

No comments:

Post a Comment